Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is love

Here's my daughter and son-in-law Seth smiling and laughing at home only 5 short hours after Daisy was born! Clearly, "Little Andy" was oblivious to what happened that day. But Mom and Dad took it in stride and little really changed. What impresses me is how they relax in the joy of life, live with prayer and a spiritual focus on God, and love their children, as well as each other to excess. Each day brings new treasures in their household. It reminds me of a verse in the Bible. "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous, love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly, it does not seek its own way, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in revenge, but rejoices in the truth, bears all thing, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. But faith, hope, love, abide these three. But the greatest of these is love." I am sad that I had to leave.

No comments: