Monday, April 27, 2009

Taxes

A week or so ago Americans gathered around the country to re-create another "Boston tea party" opposing new taxes and government excess. A friend of mine attended the one in Greeley, CO. Most people I know agree the government is out of control, and given this fact new taxation is unconscionable. Holding the tea party on tax day was certainly timely. However, in my mind it reconfirms the need to find a just and fair tax code.

It was Will Rogers who used to say that the American tax code produced more liars than anything but golf. You see, America is a land of untold wealth. Most of it is untold on the tax forms! Personally, I hate taxes. Every time my ship comes in, the government unloads it! The other day, I told my daughter that birth control pills are deductible, but only if they don't work. It's a win-win situation.

1 comment:

Tyler Beal said...

As I understand it recent law from the new administration gives your tax bracket more deductions than before, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.