Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cutler and run?

Many of you have been asking me about Jay Cutler. So, I thought I would give you a little synopsis from the viewpoint of one Bronco fan. Without a doubt, Cutler is very talented and fun to watch. What puzzles me is why 32 year old McDaniels (our new coach) blew up a perfectly good offense and literally discarded an excellent quarterback in Cutler. My humble opinion is, he needs to work on the defense and special teams, not offense. But, McDaniels thinks he is some kind of Yoda with quarterbacks or something (i.e. Matt Cassell in New England) and doesn't need talent, just some training. In addition, he evidently lied to Cutler which soured him on working for McDaniels.

Then, everything went downhill, including Cutler's attitude. Cutler had a lot on the ball, unfortunately, it's wasn't in his hands! While I can't blame him for not wanting to work for this bonehead when he can work most anywhere in the league, he was a little immature in his attitude. Now that he's been traded to Chicago, I can only wish him the best. As for the "Donkeys" and McDaniels, you've got a lot to prove to me now. What did Denver get from Chicago? Their quarterback, Kyle Orton and three draft picks including two number ones.

3 comments:

Tyler Beal said...

You don't think perhaps the Broncos came out with the better end of the deal? Isn't Cutler gonna get to Chicago, get to the locker room and wonder where Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshal are?

And do you really think McDaniels is all that bad?? He hasn't even coached a game yet!

Andy Beal said...

You're right, the receivers in Chicago don't compare to Royal and Marshall. The jury is still out on McDaniels. If they're better than 8 and 8 next year, then I'll buy Tyler dinner.

Tyler Beal said...

OK, if they're 6 and 8 I'll buy you dinner.