Thursday, April 23, 2009

An exciting week

It's been an eventful week for me, one I will not soon if ever forget. My father nearly met his maker on Saturday, so I quickly made a trip to Prescott, Arizona to see him. A few days later I got a call from my wife who said that my daughter (now living only four hours South in Tucson) had gone into labor 10 days early. Dad was doing much better, so I drove to Tucson for quality time with my daughter, son-in-law, grandson and now a new granddaughter. I also noticed that change in a person's life impacts you in many different ways. My grandson decided that hiding behind the rocking chair was better than facing reality... a new little sister.


He's my little buddy. He decided to check her out after a few hours. She doesn't bite, she doesn't smell funny, but she does cry and make a lot of noise. Nevertheless, I guess she's okay. I think I'll give her a pretzel. Anyway, the family grows and we're especially happy. Thought I would share it with you.

No comments: