Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sleep

One thing about growing older is the need to sleep. I've seen it in my dad in church. Of course he is just "resting his eyes" during the sermon. But I am finding that I want to go to work early and get home early. Otherwise, I might fall asleep in the car on the way home. This reminds me of an old story about Ronald Reagan. Perhaps you'll find it amusing.

You might remember the day when an American plane shot down two Libyan jets, and the White House was immediately engaged in controversy because Ronald Reagan's aids failed to wake the President up in the middle of the night. The next day, Reagan was at his best when he said, "I've laid down the law to everyone from now on about anything that happens that no matter what time it is I'm to be awakened, even if it's in the middle of a cabinet meeting."

No comments: