Sunday, March 4, 2007

Amazing Grace

Normally I don't like going to the movies. I've made some poor choices in the past and why repeat the mistakes? I would rather read a book. Nancy compelled me to go see Amazing Grace today. I was amazed. It was an excellent movie. I read the reviews before going and of course, they were negative. Too much political discussion, not enough action (what did they want to show, people dying and suffering in slave ships? I think we get it), and of course the movie was an evangelical Christian advertisement. Sorry, but I didn't see it that way at all. I saw an historical representation of William Wilberforce. I would recommend the movie to anyone.

Right before the movie started our friends Keith and Clare Dawson and family walked into the theatre and sat right next to us. That doesn't happen often in Denver. Somehow, it made the movie better. They are very special people.

1 comment:

Kathy Hanson said...

We loved this movie! It was so well done and inspiring - and true!