Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Day in the Life

Here's an interesting day for me, in case you're interested.

1. My 4:00a wake up call at the hotel in Pasco, WA never comes. I wake up a little later.
2. I can't find the desk clerk at 4:30a to get my bill and check out.
3. Eventually, he hears me calling from the lobby for someone and takes care of me. He gives me a bill and directions to the airport.
4. I do manage to get out, maybe in time to get to the airport and catch the plane.
5. I get lost.
6. I call the hotel for better directions, there's no answer. He's probably putting bills under the doors.
7. There are no signs anywhere on Hwy. 395. Maybe the road construction has something to do with it.
8. I finally find the airport and check in for my flight, in time....whew!
9. I fly to Denver in a packed sardine can.
10. My checked bag is 30 minutes overdue. Another hour and it will take longer to get my bag from the airplane than it does to fly from Washington to Denver. Why did I check it? What was I thinking?
11. My bag finally comes and I catch the shuttle to my car and discover it covered in 4 inches of ice and snow. Oh boy!
12. I drive to work for a two hour meeting, a late lunch, and a franchise visit in the office.
13. After leaving work I drive home and get caught in traffic. Oh well, what's another hour?
14. Nancy greets me with a kiss.

All is well.

1 comment:

noelle said...

What a good woman and such a deserving (of the kiss) man!