Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weather and Sports

70 degrees! I went out on the deck today and checked the temperature. It was 70. One week ago it was -14 and snowing. That's why we live in Colorado. There is always relief and it's very sweet. Everything is melting and wet. My sump pump is really pumping.

My friend Jeff Schauerman called me tonight about Yankees tickets. He has some seats on row 10 behind home plate. The problem is the seats are far more expensive because it's the Yankees. The Rockies have literally doubled their prices for the Yankees stand at Coors field. I don't even like the Yankees anymore. I liked them when I was a kid, but not now. Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Joe Pepitone, Whitie Ford, and the rest were great. Now it's A-Rod. Sounds like something in your car engine, not a baseball player. Who looks like Jesus, throws like Mary, and acts like Judas? Johnny Damon! Anyway, Jeff suggested some Atlanta Braves tickets. I think we'll do that and maybe the NY Mets in July. We're big fans of Matt Holiday and Garret Atkins.

No comments: