Friday, February 23, 2007

Wolf Creek Pass and Snowstorm

We decided to go to Pagosa Springs today. I left work a little early and Nancy and I tried to beat the snow storm to the San Juan's. This turned out to be a white knuckle trip. We got to Wolf Creek Pass and the snow started to come down so hard we couldn't see more than a few feet in front of the car due to snow and blowing snow. After a couple of miles I got behind a large snow plow and followed him up the pass for about 5 miles. Unfortunately, he was creating more flying snow and poor visibility than the storm. I passed him up after the tunnel and accelerated to about 20 miles an hour up and over the divide. At the top of the pass a cop began to follow me down the other side. This brought some degree of comfort (how unusual). And then there was an accident close to Treasure Falls and he pulled over the help. Finally we made it in to Pagosa and had a nice dinner with Dee.

No comments: