Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Ivar's in Mukilteo

The highlight today was my meal. I had lunch with Glenda and Will (two really special people to me). We had dinner at Ivar's in Mukilteo, WA. The restaurant sits right on the water and we sat near the window and watched a lone seagull wait for scraps out on the pier. Some years ago a storm destroyed the restaurant sending huge logs and massive tidal surges through the these windows. Now it's been remodeled and is very upscale. They put a railing outside to keep debris from flying into the place during future storms. This makes a great perch for the seagulls.

For lunch I had the best salmon ever. It didn't have that typical reddish color but was brown and very flaky. The sauce was unbelievable. I don't recall ever eating salmon so good. I would recommend Ivar's to anyone.

No comments: