Thursday, January 18, 2007

Motherhood is Hard Work

One of the things Nancy reminded me of when raising the kids was how much work it is to be a mother. And she did work hard. She used to get a little peeved when someone would say, "oh, you don't work you're a mother." Being a mother, or at least a good one is hard work. To illustrate this I thought I would tell you a story.

Unhappy at the state of Junior's room, his mother came up with a new rule. Each time she had to pick something up off the floor of his room, Junior would have to pay her a dime. At the end of the week, she added up the chores and demanded ninety cents. Junior paid her and said, "Thanks, Ma. Keep up the good work!"

Now my daughter Noelle is preparing for motherhood. She's pretty clever though. I think she'll make a good Ma.

1 comment:

noelle said...

You know...I'm clever because I'm your daughter.