Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Back at work

I'm learning. This is a good thing, but mistakes in my blog have occurred along the way. In a couple of my earlier posts I linked them to articles of interest (the Darrent Williams murder) and even links to the weather. Unfortunately, the weather changes and articles are taken down. I guess I will have to be more careful after this.

I went back to work today after being off since the 20th. I enjoy my work, the people I work with, and the franchise owners I consult with are great, for the most part. Getting back in the groove was a little tough today though. The employee of a good friend called me at work, and told me that my friend's spouse of some 25 years was dying. I knew she had cancer but didn't know how much she had declined. He said they didn't expect her to make it through the day. I am sad that I won't see or talk with her again and sad for my friend who is losing a loved one.

Christian Scriver says that it is good to have business with death - the advantage is ours ("to die is gain"). As a believer in Christ, I have this promise. I trust my friend will be with Christ today. This is much better than Epicurus who says "death cannot get hold of me, because when I am, death is not, and when death is, I am."

No comments: