Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Funeral

It looks like I will be attending Brenda's funeral. All I want to do is support my friend Gary Clark. Gary and I became acquainted in 1981 at a ServiceMaster Convention in Chicago. It was there we discovered the similarities of our business operations and many other things in common. Gary and Brenda have been our friends ever since. I taught Gary how to rock climb and he taught Tyler and I how to REALLY fish. We've stayed in their home and they've stayed in ours.

Even though they live across the country, we've managed to stay in touch at least a couple of times a year and visited occasionally. A year and a half ago Nancy and I went to dinner with them in DC during the convention. Brenda seemed in pretty good health then even though she was struggling with cancer. Last night after dinner Cliff called and told me that Brenda had passed away. Nancy and I cried.

No comments: