Thursday, January 11, 2007

30th Anniversary

30 Years of marriage with me is probably too much, but she's a good sport. When asked what it's like the family joke is "I've lived with this person for 30 long, torturous years." It's been great for me, so you'll have to ask Nancy what she really thinks. Our real anniversary was actually last week. However, because of my travel schedule and other unexpected events, we decided to celebrate this Friday night at Barolos. This is my favorite place to eat. We can't eat there often or we'd have to apply for a loan. But WOW!! The food is really good. Every year the owners take all the employees to Italy for two weeks. They cook with locals, tour the wineries, and focus on the cuisine. When we ask a question about something on the menu (I still can't read Italian), they go into lengthy discussions about the food, the region, and the history. It's lots of fun.

No comments: