Sunday, February 3, 2013

Count your blessings, count them one by one

Our little group hiked Dawson's Butte Trail yesterday. It's between Monument and Castle Rock, South of the Denver area. It turned out to be a beautiful day with 50+ degree temperatures, unless you were in the shade and then you had to balance a little on the ice. No one broke an ankle, no one slipped on the ice, we enjoyed good conversation with each other and we all got some great exercise.


The trail is about a 5 mile loop and brings you up on a ridge allowing you to see some big beautiful homes sprawling around the foothills. The home pictured below left me wondering... if I lost my car keys how would  I ever find them!  And, if I needed to refill my cup of coffee, I might have to walk 50 yards, one way!

After the hike, we all drove back to Littleton, went to Panera Bread for lunch and counted our blessings.

No comments: