Thursday, March 4, 2010

My pressurized cabin

When I left Denver to go to Alaska it was 9 degrees and snowing here. When I got to Anchorage it was 41 degrees and sunny. Too bad I forgot my sunscreen. By the way, I now understand why most airports make passengers walk a long way to the plane. That's so the luggage can get a head start.

Anyway, while I was there, I had to fly up to Fairbanks for a day long meeting. When I left Fairbanks at 5:00p it was snowing so hard we followed the snowplow out to the runway. That's my favorite thing in Denver... following the snowplow, but I digress. As we lifted off, the plane was experiencing great turbulence. Fearful that our lives were endangered, a passenger sitting across the isle from me said to the priest sitting next to him, "Do something religious!" The priest started to call Bingo.

Anyway, I'm home safe and sound now, at least until my next flight. The picture below was taken after my arrival in Fairbanks. Conditions change fast up there.

No comments: