Friday, February 27, 2009

Reindeer, bailouts, and lumberjacks!

I just returned from a trip to Alaska. I went to Fairbanks, Wasilla, and Anchorage on business. Fairbanks was 2 below when I got up in the morning. They said there was a heat wave going on. When I rented the car, they gave me an extension cord to plug it in at night! And, the hotel had an outlet to do just that! There was no freeze dried coffee in my hotel room. It was so cold, the coffee hitched a ride back to Brazil. In fact, it was so cold I saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets.

I decided to go to the Fish House for breakfast. Really! They said it was so cold the hens were laying eggs from a standing position. Anyway, a short drive from the hotel in Wasilla and I found the restaurant. It was a really nice place.

And no, the catch of the day was not fish sticks. I had eggs and reindeer sausage for breakfast. Really! The waitress came over and asked me how I liked the reindeer sausage. I told her I felt like I was eating Rudolf, but it was very good. I highly recommend the restaurant. Their menu is what interested me. Needless to say, people in Wasilla are a bit sarcastic. Oh, and by the way, my waitress was an NAU grad. She was thrilled to meet another Lumberjack!

No comments: