Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bluegrass at Joe's

Nancy and I went to a bluegrass birthday party last night for Joe. We had a great time listening to everyone jam and play their instruments. Of course I was asked to bring my instrument. Ha! Little did they know my piano lessons with Mr. Shot cost $2.00 per hour. One day, one of my neighbors offered me $3.00 an hour to give it up. And it's a good thing I didn't bring a piano. These people could play AND sing!

Before everything really got rocking... I stopped to pose with Joe, the birthday boy. Joe warned me I'd be around a bunch of hillbillies. You know, hillbillies get married young. Weddings aren't consummated until the bride is burped! I told Joe there is a secret for long life - get to be a hundred and then be careful. Now, Joe is at that age where everything is starting to click, his knees, his elbows, his neck... I know, I can hear him at the Y.

Carson and Anna came to the party too. Carson (on the left) is pursuing a career in accounting. I'm confused. The national anthem tells us that this is the land of the free. My accountant tells me it isn't. Anyway, we all had a great time. Thanks Joe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice re-cap Andy. I can attest that you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth:) I especially love the accounting blurb but would have preferred something a bit spicier (similar to the tequila). Maybe pursuiing a career in pole dancing or wild boar hunting!

Andy Beal said...

You never mentioned these other career interests. What else are you hiding from us?