Monday, February 23, 2009

Devils Tower climbing

I was going through some old photos and thought you might enjoy these of Devils Tower in Wyoming. With a permit from the Park Service you can climb it all you want. So, when Tyler was in High School and we lived in Memphis, we decided to fly to Wyoming and climb it. We brought my friend Jeff along on the climb too.

Below is a photo of my shoes with Tyler and Jeff at the bottom of the first pitch (rope length). We climbed the Durance Route on a beautiful spring day. It's a total of about 8 pitches. You are rewarded with beautiful views of Wyoming and cows mooing in the fields below.

Tyler led the crux of the climb which was the second pitch. He did a great job considering it was his first multi-pitch climb. There isn't much climbing in Memphis, needless to say.

Below is a photo of Jeff belaying me up the 4th pitch. It was great having him with us. Jeff and I have been on a number of fun adventures together.

No comments: