Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Losing a friend

I just learned that Bob DeJong, my old friend and mentor from ServiceMaster passed away in his sleep Monday night. I received an e-mail last night letting me know that Bob is safely in the arms of his savior.

Evidently he complained to Barb of a stomach ache while they were at their home in Payson, AZ and he decided to take a nap. When Barb was going to bed, she noted that he was sleeping and didn't disturb him. In the morning after she finished her devotions, she thought she should wake him and found that he had died during the night.

It is a great loss to his family, my friends Scott and Sheri (losing a father and father-in-law), Barb, and to many, many people at ServiceMaster. We can indeed praise the Lord, knowing that he is now in the presence of God for eternity.

In addition to all this, we should pray for Shari, Scott's wife, who will be undergoing a bone marrow transplant for cancer next week. It's a difficult week for the DeJongs and I know you will join me in praying for them at this difficult time.

No comments: