Friday, July 13, 2007

Why be different?

Someone asked the question, "What difference does God's love make in your life?" I sometimes think we are taught that good character and responsible living will somehow obligate God to us. I don't see it that way. In fact, I think the higher our awareness of God's love toward us, the more it changes us on the inside. We simply live differently then.

I believe things happen to us in life which have nothing to do with our character or how responsible we are. What makes us different should be our love relationship to God. At times I've had to ask myself during times of pain and great disappointment, "Is there a joy underneath all this to the extent that God will one day bury the pain and completely overwhelm all the bad things in life?" I think so.

1 comment:

The Pittmeister said...

Good point. I think that's a question many non-believers ask others or people wrestling with the validity of their own faith ask themselves. I think you answer it perfectly by saying, "...the more changes us on the inside." And, "We simply live differently then." You can't quantify the differences that it has on your life, you just feel it and know it.