Wednesday, July 4, 2007

GPS's

Today I went for a short hike on Two Brands Trail with Harrall. We started just 180 feet from the front door of my house. The reason I know this? Harrall has a new GPS unit. It's top of the line.

We got about half a mile from the house and Harrall had put it in his pocket. I asked him if it showed us where we were and when he pulled it out, it showed us at home!! We couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. He said it was because it was in his pocket and the view to the satellites was blocked. "You mean the stars?" I said.

Last January I was in Virginia with Doug Pound for a funeral. Doug had a GPS and wanted to use it in the rental car on the way to the funeral home. We got lost three times in two days. And, I mean we were really lost. We even got lost going back to Reagan National Airport, and there are plenty of signs. He said, "this has never happened before!!" I told Harrall today it was probably just my "aura" interfering with the device. I suggested he talk with Doug when he gets home and tell him my "aura" caused the problem for him too, and since Doug is from California, he would somehow understand that.

No comments: