Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cycling

This morning I got up early and went to the cycling class at the Y. You walk in the room at 5:00a and it's like a meat locker...freezing. Soon after your glad it's cold. You find a bike and adjust the seat and handle bars and then start warming up. They give you a towel to use during the class but it's soaking wet half way through. After about 5 minutes of spinning I realized just how far I really had to go, even though the bike wasn't moving at all. Arrrghh, another 50 minutes!! The music is loud and "motivational." Look, I'm there at 5:00a how much more motivated do I need to be? The cycling coach is yelling out instructions like, "here comes a hill," and "push it now! Out of your saddle for 3" and "okay, going around a steep corner and passing another racer," Another racer? Look I'm just here to burn some fat, not win the tour. However, my imagination runs wild looking at photos of Lance on the wall, and my legs burn.

I know it's good for me, and it's helping me, but it's so hard to get motivated. I've gotta keep the Doc happy though.

No comments: