Friday, April 27, 2007

What Is Man Face To Face With Infinity?

I enjoy camping and backpacking in the Colorado mountains. As I hike around and see nature, sit and watch a bird feeding it's family, or an ant carrying a morsel of food five times it's weight, I am amazed. I think it's wise to consider God's creation. The earth, the flowers, and all God made are truly remarkable. Instead of forgetting about God, consider this. According to Pascal, "The pettiness of our existence hides from our site the infinite."

I really like what SK says here; "God's providence is great precisely in small things; whereas for men there is something lacking here - just as lace seen through a microscope is irregular and unlovely, but the texture of nature under the same scrutiny proves to be more and more ingenious." II A 657 n.d., 1837

No comments: