Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Baseball When I Was Young

As I was growing up I always had a love for baseball. Some of this came from my mother who loved the game. She would sit and watch games for hours. She especially liked the Cincinnati Reds, and the Detroit Tigers. She liked the players for their character and humility, or in some cases she disliked them for the lack thereof. I recently came across this quote and it reminded me of my mother watching baseball and of course my father, who would play catch with me by the side of the house night after night on hot Scottsdale nights.

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “you’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply, “we’re raising boys.

-Harmon Killebrew

2 comments:

noelle said...

I'll remember to keep that in mind with your grandson.

noelle said...

I'll remember to keep that in mind with your grandson.