Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Colorado Politics

Today I had lunch and a meeting at CACI (Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry). I met with 8 other members for lunch and discussed the politics of Colorado as it relates to business and industry. One of the members is Chuck Berry who at one point in his career was the Colorado Speaker of the House for 8 years. We discussed the upcoming health care reform and climate change and what we can do. We also talked about the labor issues, unions in Colorado, and the Blue Ribbon Commission on transportation, and alternatives to gas tax.

The real question out of all the discussion centered on this question: Do we want incentives for market forces to make things work or do we want government mandates? I think the group was in agreement as to the answer. See my previous post on my opinion of government.

I am being placed on the Green Committee at CACI. I am excited to assume a leadership role in this area. Our company is moving full speed ahead as a leader in the green industry and I see great opportunity to affect other Colorado businesses and move them in this direction.

No comments: