Saturday, January 10, 2009

This morning's walk

This morning I got up and went for a walk down to Chatfield Reservoir. The water was frozen, so of course I had to walk out on the lake. It's my nature to do these things.

The lake was spectacular. Fishermen were out and it reminded me of the time we lived in Denver during the 80's. I remember ice fishing with my friend Bill Silliman. We always felt that good ice fishing was a matter of timing. You have to get there yesterday.


Here is a great example of ice fishing on Chatfield Reservoir. It kind of makes you wonder if fishing isn't a sport with a worm on one end and a dummy on the other! I think ice fishing is really a jerk on one end of the line waiting for jerk at the other!

If you talk to these guys though, you realize there are more fish taken out of the lake than were ever in it!

Then it occurred to me.... my words to Nancy. Not tonight dear, I have a haddock! Okay, so that one smelt!

No comments: