Monday, October 6, 2008

God's creation

Estes Park, CO is beautiful in the fall. Yesterday, Nancy and I went shopping and visited the Elk Fest in town. Afterward, we went for a short hike at Lumpy Ridge. The aspens were still changing and the colors were spectacular.

I remember climbing in the area before we moved to Memphis in '94. Below is a photo of one of the crags in the area called Twin Owls. A number of things in town are named after this huge rock outcropping which is commonly climbed by the locals. I'm so glad we came back to Colorado. It reminds me of the grandeur of God's creation.

In 1839 SK writes in his Journals, "Sometimes when the whole sky is overcast, one sees a little strip, a little patch, which seems to dream of a bliss of its own and to radiate a glory from within itself."

In 1848 SK wrote, "And when I go out under the arch of heaven, behold the myriad stars - I do not feel at all alien in this enormous world - for, truly, it is my Father's. Nor do I feel abandoned on the crossroad of life and in the misery of life, for I am always under my Father's eye."

No comments: