Friday, May 4, 2007

What My Doctor Said

I met with Paul Sunde today, my Doctor. He said I have high blood pressure and I should take this special medication for it. I told him I've been exercising regularly, eating right, my weight is down, and I'm not chasing fast women. So, what's the problem? (On my last visit he did one of those "special" examinations where he had to wear gloves. Afterward (craving a cigarette), I told him that according to Tennessee law, we're now married). I wish he had a better sense of humor.

At any rate, I have to take more pills. I hate pills. Nancy has me taking all these vitamin pills. I can't remember what I've taken or if I need to take something more. It won't be long and I'll have to take a pill to help me remember to take a pill. How will I remember that? I know, I'll put it in my computer and it will remember! But how will I remember the password to get in? I have no less than 6 passwords to get in here.

Dr. Sunde said many people have high blood pressure because of genetics. Dad used to teach genetics at NAU. Maybe I should have taken his course. I suppose if I just keep at it with the diet and exercise, then maybe I can get off these pills. Dr. Sunde said not to overdo it with the exercise. I didn't tell him I've been running up and down the steps at Red Rocks.

I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm a little discouraged. Growing old isn't all it's cracked up to be. A good friend of ours from Memphis died a few weeks ago and he was younger than me. Dale was over at our house all the time. What a great guy. He died of a heart attack. I guess it's probably a good idea to take care of your garden. You just never know. (see a previous post)

1 comment:

Tyler Beal said...

"craving a cigarette"? Well Pops, maybe if you quit smoking you might be rid of your blood pressure problem! LOL!