Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another Road I Drove

As I was driving up the Columbia River this week I saw big horn sheep. They were all over the side of the mountain. The easy way to spot them was to look for the dust coming up from the mountainside where they were literally running downhill. This photo is looking across the river going East. This is what everyone looks at when they drive up the Columbia gorge. However, if you look to the other side of the road, you'll see big horn sheep everywhere. The road going up my side of the river is just like the other side. Only I'm closer to the wildlife. Only 2 months ago I saw a bald eagle sitting on a bowie in the river in this same spot.

On my last trip I took this photo of the Dalles Dam on the Columbia River. This trip I captured Mt. Hood. What do you think? It's not the best photo I've taken but it sure shows the size. It goes from almost sea level to 11,240 ft. Not bad for Oregon. We're still about 40 miles away.

No comments: