Wednesday, January 30, 2013

View from yurt

I was the second person up in the morning, when we stayed at the yurt. I had to go to that little house with a half moon on it pretty early in the morning. On the way there, I got this shot of our view "from the yurt" the long slopes of Mt. Massive (behind the tree on the right).


Then, a little later when there was more light I got this shot of Mt. Elbert, the highest peak in Colorado. Both Massive and Elbert are 14rs in the Collegiate range. 


If you were driving between Vail and Leadville, you would go over Tennessee Pass and you could stop at the 10th Mountain Division Memorial. It's worth the stop. The drive however, is not recommended for people from California. That's because in California, very few people walk. I once saw four cars chasing one pedestrian there!

No comments: