Monday, January 21, 2013

About to start my travel again...

I'm about to begin travelling again this year. Ugh! I know the kinds of things which will be running through my head as I approach on the first day of travel this year. I'll be driving up to the airport and see a sign that says, "terminal!"

Of course if the Lord had wanted people to fly, he would have made it easier to get to the airport.

The most confusing part of travel is understanding all the air-fares. But they have sped things up lately. Each airline has an express line for flights with six ticket prices or less! Then, I was sitting next to a little old lady on my last flight and she asked me, "How often do these big jets crash?" I replied, "Once, I imagine!"


Our son Tyler just traveled to Sri Lanka for vacation. He sent us an email yesterday and said he was staying in a tree house! Yes, that's right a tree house. Then, he is going to ride an elephant. I told him if he gets a chance to go to New Delhi because there is a good restaurant there, the New Delhi-catessen! Now, don't grown too much.

I just hope he doesn't follow the example of the Beatles who visited the region in the 1960's. They spent twelve hundred dollars each to get there, checked into a hotel at two hundred per day, hired a cab to take them a hundred and twenty miles at a cost of three hundred each to an ashram, and then meditated on the simple life!

No comments: