Friday, January 4, 2013

My advice for 2013

We drove to Pagosa Springs after Christmas and enjoyed some fresh snowfall in the mountains (Pagosa Peak pictured below). This was my view on the morning of New Year's Day. Not bad huh! Wolf Creek got about 15 inches. And, of course we had to drive home over Wolf Creek Pass. We also spent a considerable amount of time in front of the TV waiting to see if we'd go over the fiscal cliff.

Our time in Pagosa was enjoyable in spite of the cliff, since Dee was there and she invited friends over for a little party on New Year's Eve. This was loads of fun until we all started to yawn a lot and fall asleep. I was in bed by 10:05p! I had to stay up until the ball came down at Times Square.

So anyway, I was trying to come up with a word of advice for you for 2013, you know, something that would make sense and be really wise and full of insight. Evidently, dealing with the government will be at the top of everyone's mind (and pocketbook) this year. So, here is my bit of advice: Never trust a dog to watch your food!

No comments: