Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fun with an AR15

Nancy and I went to the gun club last night and enjoyed shooting with our friends. Joel asked Nancy if she wanted to shoot his AR15, pictured below. She really enjoyed it but struggled with the scope and weight of the gun. Then I shot it for a bit and loved the low recoil and accuracy. I brought my targets with little rabbits on them to use with our own guns. We both burned through a whole box of ammo each decimating the rabbits. THAT's for eating our foliage in the back yard!

Personally, we don't see guns as the cause of mayhem and murder any more than spoons are the cause of obesity. People make decisions and they are sometimes terribly wrong. I got an email from my friend Barry McGuire right after the Newtown, CT shooting. He said the problem is lack of help for the mentally ill, they have no place to go and no help for their disease. He is so right!

No comments: