Friday, May 11, 2012

When we arrived in Lima, Ed, Daryl and I decided to go on a city tour of Lima, which is right on the coast. One tour guide said it had a population of 9 million, another said 30 million. According to the internet it's only 7.6 million! Pretty big if you ask me.


On our tour we went to the main square and saw the Presidential palace and City hall. These policewomen were standing guard. One of them looked at me suspiciously in a way that said, "why are you taking a picture of me?"  Hey! "I'm taking pictures of everything."


These school children were on a field trip. They were laughing and having a great time. I was impressed. In fact, our porters on the trail were a very happy bunch laughing in their tent every night, telling jokes, and clearly enjoying their work. Peruvians seemed to be a very happy people.


No comments: