Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend trip

We met Ed, Sharla, Craig, and Kathy up at Copper Mountain Resort for the weekend and we went biking. Here we are coming down from Vail Pass, very fast in the morning. Coming down is a whole lot better than going up. In fact, don't ask how far we went up. But it was far enough to get a thrill coming back down.

I took this photo near the bottom. We wouldn't have done this at all if the ski lift hadn't been struck by lightning. You see our plan for the day was to take the ski lift up to the top of Copper Mountain in the morning and then ride down the access road. This works really well if the lift isn't struck by lightning. So after our morning ride, we had lunch and then went to catch the lift when it was repaired.

Craig and I went up first with our bikes hanging on the back of the lift behind us. Then everyone else rode up and I got this photo of them about to get off the lift. Don't jump, you're still 20 feet up!

I took this photo on the lift of some guys snowboarding. Hey, don't you guys know it's July 8!! Actually, this is what's left of a half pipe from the winter skiing.

The ride down was great fun with wonderful scenery. After we got down, Nancy looked at me said, "I think it's time I get full suspension on my bike."

No comments: