Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rock Creek to Boulder Lake

The goal yesterday was to find our way to Boulder Lake in Gore Range. Mark and Teena's map was very helpful because we had to find our way on three different intersecting trails. On the way we saw a bald eagle and a moose.

Below is Boulder Lake and where we had our lunch together. We found it to be stunningly beautiful with the peaks all around, still covered in snow. The moose sighting was a little unusual because we had stopped to take a rest on the trail hiking up. I went into the woods to "find a tree" and during my time alone with said tree, there he was, only 20 yards away! I tried to get my camera but there was too much to do at the time. When I did finally get the camera out of my pack, it was set wrong and the moose moved further into the trees

Jim and Chris were on the hike with us and fortunately Jim took a photo of him from the trail after I tried to alert them to what I'd seen. I'll try to get it to you later. When we got to the lake we all had lunch together and stuck our feet in the icy cold water. Oooh, it felt good.

Boulder Lake is a place I'd recommend. The flowers were all out and it was like walking through a garden. The trail was moderate and only about 4 miles or so from the car.

No comments: