Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jet Car day at the drag strip

Yesterday, Nancy and I went to the drag races for 5 hours and then watched a spectacular fireworks show at Bandimere Raceway. The specialty of the day was the Jet Cars. I tried to get photos of the jet cars but they were just blurry.

We went to the races with Dan, Tammie, Leon and Kathy. Below is a photo of Leon with his daughter Wendy who raced one of the sponsor cars. We were all really excited about it and enjoyed it very much but I was concerned for her safety. I have a friend who tells his wife when she goes out driving, "Hurry home so you don't kill anybody." My buddy Leon was nothing but encouraging.

This is not the car she raced but it was the loudest one. I've determined that a raceway is one of the noisiest places in the world. They had a rock band with all the vendors but you could hardly hear them!

Below is a photo of Thunderstruck which broke a track record for fastest jet car at 280 miles per hour! After the fireworks we spent half an hour looking for our car.

No comments: