Sunday, September 2, 2007

Whose paying for the beer?

While we were in Lexington visiting Noelle and Seth, I was awakened at about 2:00a Sunday morning. I looked out the front window and saw hundreds of college kids partying in the front yard and in the street. They were everywhere. In fact, there was a cab line with kids waiting for their rides (good for them). Well it was the first weekend at the University of Kentucky. Would you expect anything different? In the morning I decided to walk down to Starbucks (2 doors down) and get some coffee. Here was the view from their back door.

I stood right here, laughing my head off at 7:00a. For those of you who have kids going off to college you certainly should warn them and have your little talk. However much good it will do, who knows. I suspect you've done your job, and it's probably too late to make too much difference in their lives the day before they leave for campus. Talk to them anyway, after all you're probably paying for the beer.

No comments: