Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Middle Age

As I've grown older, I've decided that middle age is when you can afford to lose a golf ball, but you can't hit it that far. Noelle and I have decided to hold each other accountable for diet and exercise. This is supposed to be an encouragement. And in many ways it is, but I've decided to forget exercising and dieting - let somebody come up with extra mirrors.

I asked Nancy about getting older and if I was what she expected after 30 years. You know you've reached middle age when your wife tells you to pull in your stomach, and you just did. I guess at the end of the day, middle age is when you're faced with all kinds of temptations and you pick the one that gets you home by nine! In other words middle age is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work!

My last comment is, show me a man with his head held high, and I'll show you a guy having trouble with his bifocals. Okay, one more. You've reached middle age when you know your way around, but you'd rather not go!

No comments: