Monday, September 17, 2007

Danger on I-70

This morning on the way to work I had an incident...a flat tire to be exact. Now this wouldn't normally be a problem except I was on I-70 at 6:15a at rush hour and of course it's still dark. I pulled over to the side of the road but only had about 9 inches between the car and right lane of heavy I-70 traffic. I saw my life flash before my eyes as I changed the tire while trucks and cars whipped by at 70+ mph. And then, just as I was taking some of the lug nuts off the tire, the jack collapsed from under the car and ruined the wheel and the tire because the wheel was partly off under the weight of the car. The cheap little jack from my trunk was broken and bent. Thank you GMC.

I called for a tow through AAA. While I was waiting for a tow, Tim Teegan one of my co-workers saw me stranded, called me on his cell phone, and asked me if he could help. I asked him to wait at Firestone over on West Colfax and then take me to the office. Thank you Tim! The only thing that would've made it worse would've been rain. As I look out the window now, only 1 and a half hours later...it's raining. Thank you God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now-if that flat tire would have happened out here in God's Country someone, probably a farmer with a good jack, would have stopped and changed the tire for you. And not accepted anything but your "thank you". P.S. I'm glad you didn't die.