Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Skull Valley

My Dad and I drove down to the little town of Skull Valley, AZ over the weekend. We went to the general store and got a couple of root beers. Skull Valley is a town of about 500 or so people, and believe it or not, it's quite lovely, charming, and quaint. The name Skull Valley came from the early pioneers to the area who found Indian skulls everywhere. Evidently, there was a major battle between two tribes and they just left their dead.

Below is a picture of the Skull Valley Elementary School. I know if I were a kid, I'd be climbing in those big cottonwood trees. You see, there are two important days in the life of a student: the day he starts school and day he's booted out!

Car manufacturers spend years designing cars with smooth, sleek lines. Then you have to get gas. What I want to know is, why do auto mechanics carry rags when they have perfectly good seat covers to wipe their hands on? Ah, Skull Valley. My guess is, these guys will fix your car and do a pretty good job.

No comments: