Thursday, November 4, 2010

Miracle of the loaves and fish

I wonder if a man who could perform miracles would think about having the crumbs collected? Jesus collects the crumbs and it's no surprise that a poor person might say: 'He does not disdain the crumbs.' It is no surprise that a poor person says: 'The scraps, too, are bread - but now the richest one of all gathers up the scraps as if he were the poorest of all.' Now this is divine. Then, Jesus makes something big out of something small and feeds 5000. He becomes poor so that we might become rich.

I like what Leif Enger said about miracles:

"My sister, Swede, who often sees to the nub, offered this: People fear miracles because they fear being changed--though ignoring them will change you also. Swede said another thing, too, and it rang in me like a bell: No miracle happens without a witness. Someone to declare, Here's what I saw. Here's how it went. Make of it what you will."

No comments: