Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dolores

On our way to Bluff we stopped in Dolores, CO and stayed in this little cabin on the Dolores River. It had electricity and a few beds, but that was about it. It was nice to hear the rushing water all night and I didn't have to clean off my shoes before going in.

In the mornings we would get up and I'd make coffee on the picnic table outside. Coffee is a pretty powerful stimulant. I had a friend who drank four pots a day at work. He died last month, but a week later he was still mingling in the company lounge. Anyway, we would sit out here in the mornings for a while and watch the rafters and kayaks go by.

This guy in the dory waved as he floated by. "Stop in for some coffee next time." I yelled. He said something but was long gone. I've never floated a river on a dory, but I think it might be fun.

1 comment:

Kathy Hanson said...

Andrew Beal,
You receive the BEST BLOG AWARD!

again and again!