Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Boating in Main and Mass

I found these great photos of Tyler and me sailing up the coast of main with Mark, Jim, and their boys. We took about a week of vacation and ate enough lobster for a lifetime. Below Tyler is pictured with Jim.

Tyler caught a crab and I think it was at Boothbay Harbor. At any rate the swimming was great and there was lots to do in every port.

Not sure you can see, but the smile on Mark's face is huge when you're at full sale. I don't know what I enjoyed more, watching the sailboat slip through the ocean waves at full speed or Mark's grin.

We had a great time on this trip. But why do they have such a big steering wheel? Maybe they think the captain won't be able to find it? Who knows?

A year later we had a meeting in Boston. Mark and I took the boat to Boston harbor, moored it at the Marriot and walked to the meetings. One day we gave everyone a ride and motored around the harbor, see below.

1 comment:

Tyler Beal said...

I hope you're keeping all these old scans. I'd like to copy the jpegs when I get home in a couple weeks. If you want, I can scan a bunch more of them as I'll have some time....if that's OK of course....