Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Couldn't Bee-Leave it!

While in Alaska I got this panicked call from Nancy. She said that bees had swarmed on my car while she was downtown at a clients office. Not only were they on the outside of the license plate but they were swarming on the other side, underneath the fender and behind the plate!



Nancy took the car home for the night thinking they might leave. On her drive home she said people were stopping her and waving at her to tell her there were bees on the car. The 65 mile per hour drive home down I-25 did little, she said, to dislodge the bees. The bees were still on the car in the morning, so she called a beekeeper who came out and vacuumed them up.



He put them into a box to be reserved for a hive to make honey. I'm expecting a jar of the stuff. I guess they liked the color of my company car. It does kind of resemble the color of a flower.



No comments: