Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lawyers

I've been spending an enormous amount of time with lawyers lately, Corporate lawyers and hired attorneys. Next week I'll be spending time with them in the courtroom. A lawyer is a man who prevents somebody else from getting your money (or your bosses money). So, I thought about my boss. His mother is Catholic. His father is Jewish. When he goes to confession, he brings along his lawyer.

The difference between lawyer jokes and attorney jokes is about $100 per hour, with the latter on top. I'll never forget my old lawyer from Denver (when we lived here before). He dropped by my office unannounced and spent 45 minutes talking with me about the Broncos. Two weeks later I got a bill for $250.00. I don't want to sound negative, because as we all know a good lawyer is worth his weight in gold. At least he charges that much.

No comments: