Friday, May 30, 2008

In Court

In case you're wondering where I've been, well I've been at a place where you can poke fun at authority. This is just fine unless, of course, it gets to you first. Okay, I've been in Federal Court. It's part of my job. Sometimes people run amok and you have to do something about it.

JUDGE: Have you anything to offer this court before I pass sentence?
DEFENDANT: Nope. My lawyer took every last penny.

You see, you have to be shaky if you're on trial. Your fate is in the hands of a dozen people who aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty! But if you're guilty it's not that bad. This is the only country in the world where they lock up the jury and send the guilty man home!

The good news is, I wasn't the defendent and we reached an amicable agreement with a very good Federal Magistrate. There is hope for the system. I for one, was educated yesterday.

No comments: