Monday, March 17, 2014

Skiing Cooper

Cooper Mountain has nice groomed trails to go cross country skiing on. Nancy and I enjoyed the trails over the weekend after about 3 inches of new snow fell on the ground. We had a wonderful time. The temperature was about 16 degrees, the snow perfect, and the sun came out once in a while. There was a brisk breeze, but when we were in the trees, we hardly noticed it.


As we were going down Willa"s Trail, we stopped to take in the view of Mt. Massive in the distance. It was great to see so much snow in the mountains this year. Maybe we'll have plenty of water without rationing.


Of course, I had to show off and demonstrate that I could stand on one ski and scratch my nose. Nancy said I was on a "boast to boast" tour! I suppose I should listen to her more often.

It was pretty cold out. I saw this one guy snowshoeing up the hill and he had his toupee on upside down! Anyway, we had a great time over the weekend. We met Mark and Teena in Leadville for dinner. They were skiing "Copper," while we were skiing "Cooper."


No comments: