Saturday, March 1, 2014

Banff Mountain Film Festival

I went to the Banff Mountain Film Festival with some of my friends last night. It's held at the Paramount Theatre in downtown Denver. The films were really good and mostly about skiing, mountain biking, climbing,  surfing, etc. All the stuff I like. You know I made my first movie when I was a baby. They paddled my part. That was a good thing for the leading lady who was holding me at the time!  We saw three movies before the intermission, then seven afterwards. They had a raffle which I almost won (only seven numbers off). There were booths in the lobby from North Face, National Geographic, Cliff Bar, etc. etc. it was lots of fun.

One of the pictures was a short five minute film on nude skiing, in powder no less!! In the old days performers used to play parts. Now they reveal them! I think my favorite film was about these two guys that went surfing above the arctic circle, in winter! They built a house out of trash they found on the beach and trudged through the snow everyday to go surfing.


No comments: